Best car cleaning kit review
Tired of constantly taking your vehicle to a car wash or for an expensive car detailing service? Just invest in a car care kit. You’ll be able to keep your car looking brand new without the complications.
This article covers a few of the best ways to keep your car sparkling clean, which cleaning products to use, and how to properly care for the car’s interior and exterior.
Car Exterior Cleaning Kit
Keeping the exterior of your vehicle clean means using car shampoo, and a wheel cleaner. You’ll also want to consider glass cleaner so that the windows stay free from smudges. Detailing your car properly won’t be too difficult if you invest in the right complete car care kit.
A good complete car care kit will include:
Everything you need to get the best overall cleaning done on your vehicle will be included in the kit.
The main purpose of the kit is to easily remove dirt and grime from the exterior surfaces of the car and tires. Some of the cleaning products will come in spray or foam form, and others will come in powder form or liquid in a bottle. Double-check to make sure that the cleaning products are safe to use with the type of paint on your car. You’ll also want to learn about the window tint in your vehicle before cleaning. The window tint is on the inside of the car. Knowing this will help you clean carefully as not to damage the tint.
Some kits include the right substances to give you a heavy-duty cleaning, while others are best for a quick once-over. A carwash kit will also help you give your vehicle the best car wash at home possible.
Some car wish kits are for a waterless car wash. They will not include a standard wash mitt but may include a microfiber wash mitt instead or a microfiber towel. A microfiber towel or a microfiber wash mitt provides the best car wash if you are planning to wash and wax without water.
Car Interior Cleaning Kit
A clean car is not completely clean unless you’ve removed dirt from the interior surfaces. If you frequently eat in your car, you know how easy it is to make a mess in the interior of the car.
A car wash kit for the interior of your vehicle will make it easy to clean your car since the kit includes:
- 25 glass wipes
- leather cleaner
- microfiber towels
- applicator pads
If you are cleaning the interior and exterior of your vehicle, you’ll want to get a car wash kit that includes an interior detailer or quick detailer. That will make it easy to ensure you get a good interior cleaning for your car without too much hassle.
Car Detail Cleaning Kit
Detailing your car means opting for a car wash kit that’s a little more extensive.
A detail kit comes with more products because it offers a deeper cleaning. Not only does detailing call for removing dirt from exterior paint panels, wheels and tires, and vehicle armor, but it will also ensure you get a proper clean shine for windows or glass features, seats, carpets, and other interior features.
Here are a few tips to get the best car wash:
- Wheel and Tire Cleaning- You’ll want to use tire foam and a bucket to rinse and wash wheels and tires. Make sure the cleaning materials you use are safe to use on your tires. The trick is to do the washing relatively quickly so that the dirt comes off of the tire with the foam rinse. Wash each wheel carefully then dry the wheels with towels.
- Window Cleaning- Use a detailing spray and glass cleaners with microfiber towels to get a clean shine on your car windows. Foam cleaners also work well for washing dirt off of windows. Regular towels may leave streaks, so be sure to opt for microfiber towels to dry the car windows. If you’ve got tinted windows, you’ll want to carefully clean them without scratching the tint. Or, if you’d like to completely remove the tint, here are a few tint removal best practices.
- Exterior Surfaces- Start by using old-fashioned foam soap and a bucket to remove dirt when washing the outside of your car. Cleaning your car exterior means applying some old-fashioned elbow grease with a wash bucket. Use a bottle of car washing liquid or foam and spray it on the vehicle or use a wash mitt to scrub. A citrus wash or a shine wash can be a good option. Just double-check which kind of paint is on your car’s surface. And of course, review the instructions on the bottle.
- Waxing Exterior Car Surfaces- After the car wash wax the car. You can use the clay bar that the kit includes for detailing (like Chemical Guys.) Turtle wax is also an option. The clay bar should be used on the car only If you are going to buff after application. Before applying wax you should make sure that the car wash left the car to shine, and removed all dirt. You should also let the car dry completely before applying wax for maximum shine. If you use a citrus wash or other heavy-duty wash, your car will shine best by drying it with towels. Most kits will include some microfiber towels to make the drying process easier. You can allow the last wet spots to air dry while you apply glass cleaner to the windows and grit guard to the rest of the vehicle. It’s also a good time to rinse out the wash bucket.
A car wash kit or complete car care kit can make it easy to give your car the best car wash at home (and sometimes even a waterless car wash.)
Detailing your car at home means giving it a thorough wash and wax. Don’t skip the grit guard, and make sure the kit comes with clay bars for waxing.
If it’s a quick detailer kit it may not include shine wash products or heavy-duty waxes, but you can always do a simple car wash with any kit.
Once you know everything you need to get the best car wash, you’ll love to clean your car.
Car Cleaning Brush Kit
Cleaning the car with brush kits is also useful when you do a waterless car wash. These kits typically include applicator pads along with brushes to give you that gold class finish after your car wash. A general car wash kit may not include brushes, but will probably include microfiber towels instead or a microfiber wash mitt.
Be sure to order some brushes to make the car wash process easier for both the interior and exterior. Then, you can use the kits more effectively for that new car shine.
Brushes can be used with cleaning spray or a water bucket depending on what the kit comes with.
You can use the brushes for washing a wheel with tire foam to make it shine. You’ll want to wash each wheel with the brush individually and be sure to spray it down or rinse it with the water bucket after.
Remember never to apply wax to the wheel of the car. Brushes should not be used to apply wax. It could destroy the armor that protects the wheels. Similarly, avoid using brushes to clean windows, especially if they are tinted as it could destroy the tint. Plus, here are a few other tint care tips.
Some kits include brake dust remover, too. You can use your brush with the spray to remove dirt and make your wheels shine.
Try to avoid using harsh or heavy-duty brushes directly on the paint of the car. They could scratch the vehicle instead of making it shine brightly. A good car wash will use a kit that includes brushes.
Best car cleaning kit review
Overall, the best thing to do when ordering a car wash kit is to opt for a high-quality kit and learn how to car wash like a pro. A good kit leaves your car looking gold class, so it will shine. This type of kit includes:
- a clay bar (like Chemical Guys)
- a bottle of cleaning spray
Some very well-known car wash kit companies provide you with a great way to give your car a car wash at home.
The Griot’s Garage kit includes a wash mitt, tips for a waterless car wash, a wash wax, a spray bottle. Sometimes the carwash kit from Griot’s Garage also includes a bucket, and a tree sap remover bottle to protect your paint.
Compared with Griot’s Garage, Chemical Guys car wash kit will include similar products to help you get your car to shine. This kit may or may not include a bucket. Just be sure to price your Chemical Guys car wash kit to ensure you’re getting the best value and price, depending on your car wash needs. Chemical Guys kits also include an arsenal builder option which may help provide protective armor for your vehicle.
This car wash kit compares well with the other kits, like Chemical Guys. It also includes washing mitts and a microfiber towel. Plus, they are well known for waxes that are included in the kits.
Overall, whichever one of the kits you select, you’ll be able to give your car a great car wash and protect it with an armor shield and powerful wax. Be sure to double-check that the kits include a bucket if you will need one.
The Best Car Cleaning Kit to Wash Your Car at Home
Once you’ve got a bucket ready, any of the above car washing and cleaning kits will help you give your car the best armor to stay shining and new.
Whether you choose a car detailing kit, an interior cleaning kit, or a brush kit, you’ll be able to clean your car just as well as at any local detailing shop at a fraction of the cost- just don’t forget the bucket!